BULLET-RESISTANT PROTECTION FOR YOUR SUPERYACHT OR TENDER
Marine security by ASL GRP – bullet resistant protection solutions that merge seamlessly with your yacht interior. Our armour is hidden behind the façade and interior fit-out, so you can enjoy peace of mind in the luxurious setting that you are accustomed to.
• Protection for master suite and crew areas
• Hull protection
• Armoured / security doors
• Safe rooms / citadels
• Internal wall-panel protection
• Tender protection
ASL GRP (Air Sea Land Group) is a dynamic armour company with over 30 years’ experience in the armour, security and defence industry. We specialise in the manufacture of lightweight, bullet-resistant and blast protection (armour). Our extensive knowledge in lightweight, high-strength materials, allows us to manufacture unique components. We can provide you with a protection solution across any platform – be it your yacht, tender, vehicle or home. We offer full project management; from initial concept and design, to full production and worldwide delivery.
Your yacht is no-doubt unique to you. Your style and your tastes. ASL GRP’s armour and protection systems are manufacturered bespoke to your vessel and requirements. There is no comprimise on the aesthetics of your interior.
• Initial discussions to determine potential threat levels – ASL GRP have a technical team that are able to advise.
• ASL GRP team survey the vessel to assertain material choice.
• The ASL GRP team take templates of required protected areas, any ballistic weakpoints in the design highlighted, and any potential installation difficulties.
• CAD drawings are created and if required, sent to customer for confirmation. A render of the finished project may also be supplied – this is only necesssary if a vessel requires external protection.
• Protection panels and parts are manufactured at ASL GRP’s production site.
• ASL GRP’s team of engineers install the finished armour products.
• The internal fit out team are then able to finish the interior in accordance with the yachts style.
Can bullet-proof protection be installed as part of a refit?
Absolutely. ASL GRP can work with shipbuilders to ensure our armour is encorporated at the correct stage. It is beneficial for the ASL GRP team to be involved in the refit at the earliest stage possible so allowances for ballistic walls or flooring do not hinder the interior team. If you are a designer looking to encorporate armour into your next yacht or tender project, ASL GRP can also manufacture 3D moulded protection to replace what would be original parts.
What does your armour protect against?
We use a range of materials for our armour. These materials are independently tested at certified venues in the UK, to specific threat levels including: BS. EN. 1063, N.I.J 0108.01 and STANAG 4569. This means we can protect against rounds from small hand guns, AK47 fire and our highest levels of armour can protect against sniper rounds. Our materials also protect against blast and fragmentation that can be caused by a blast. Please see our ballistic data tables and testing pages for more information.
What areas of a superyacht do you armour?
It is preferable to have the master suite and crew area protected. It is always a good idea to armour an area that can be locked-down and has access to emergency communications. We can work with the owner, captain, shipbuilder/designer to determine which areas of the vessel would be most benefit from being armoured.
Can my design/build team fit the armour themselves?
We install the armour – this way there are no ballistic weakpoints left, and all angles are covered.
Which areas of a tender can you protect?
As weight is such an important factor in armouring a tender, we would look at protecting the vital areas required to keep the vessel moving, so that personnel are able to escape in the event of an attack. Our 3D Moulded Armour or Legion Polyethylene is our best option for tenders, as we can replace original parts of the vessel. So, we would look to protect the engine compartment, console and the wheelhouse.
At ASL GRP our aim is to offer a discreet service for the discerning client, whose main concern is their family, guests and crew safety. Contact our Marine Sales Director: firstname.lastname@example.org to request further information or arrange a meeting.