As RIBs and fast patrol boats are often open and exposed, it is vital that engines are protected, providing a valuable escape from hostile situations. ASL GRP are able to manufacture both rigid and flexible protection options for outboard (and inboard) engines.
- Removable covers
- No adjustment required to OEM parts
- Constructed from ballistic materials
- 3D moulded armour option available for higher levels of protection
Pictured are our flexible covers – which can provide 2 levels of protection:
- Material thickness: 10mm Weight: 8.2kg per m2 Protection level: NIJ III / BR4 (44 Magnum)
- Material thickness: 14mm Weight: 10kg per m2 Protection level: NIJ III / BR4+ (AK47)
The covers are designed specifically for your craft ensuring the greatest percentage of coverage possible, whilst maintaining full functionality.
The flexible cover will be on display at Seawork 2023 from 13th – 15th June on Gemini RIBs down on the exhibition pontoons between VA32, VA33 & VA34.
Our range of armour for the marine industry will be displayed on our own stand G18.