At ASL GRP we design and manufacture armour systems for vehicles, marine craft and buildings. Products range from flat armour panels to moulded blast protection. We supply to the MOD and Police forces, private security companies, building contractors and the superyacht industry. We are looking for an enthusiastic, conscientious team member whom we can train to work within our soft armour department – working on our blast protection products.
Duties will include:
- Working from templates to cut materials
- Stitching layers of ballistic materials using an industrial sewing machine
- Ensuring high standards of work
- Labelling items correctly with company names
- Estimating material quantities and production times
- Maintenance of machinery
You must be:
- Practical with an exceptional eye for detail
- Reliable and punctual
- A confident individual
- Have enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- A good level of Maths and English
NB: The materials we use are very heavy duty, you will need a certain level of physical fitness to ensure you are able to manoeuver rolls of cloth within your work area.
We will offer you:
- Full time work with an initial 3 month training/trial period
- Overtime if required
- A great team to work with
A driving licence would be advantageous due to the factory location.
If you feel you could be the person for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter to: email@example.com